Skip Navigation LinksHome > Halfway House
9/24/2017 10:38:14 PM
Sandy Neck Halfway House

 

Halfway House Video

Policies

The Sandy Neck research cottage commonly called the Halfway House (due to its location halfway down the Marsh trail) was built prior to 1872, and is listed on the National Registry of Historical Places. Gifted to the town in the 1960’s, the cottage has been used primarily by Barnstable High School student groups under the guidance of Dr. Peter Auger. However, due to his retirement from BHS and the deterioration of the cottage, the usage of the building has decreased to only a few times a year.

Recently, thanks to the efforts of volunteers, the cottage has undergone some much needed renovations including new windows, interior and exterior siding, retaining wall and stairs, as well as a new roof and shingles.

We hope that increased numbers of high school groups and undergraduates/ graduates in biology, writing, and art will take advantage of the cottages location for their studies. Organizations interested in utilizing the cottage, or people interested in donating funds for repairs, should contact the Sandy Neck Park Manager.




Sandy Neck Beach Park
425 Sandy Neck Road
W. Barnstable, Ma 02668
Directions
Gatehouse: 508-362-8300
MEA Office: 508-790-6272

Website Built and Maintained By:
Town of Barnstable - Information Technology